People have been asking for my pancake recipe so I thought I’d post it for everyone to have. The best part is there are only 4 ingredients! They are also high in protein, since one of those ingredients is Greek yogurt.
- 1 container (5.3-6 oz) Greek yogurt (any flavor, black cherry is my favorite)
- 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites (that yolk has all that good stuff, don’t forget)
- 1/2 cup flour (any kind would work, I use whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Heat griddle or pan to medium heat. Oil pan if you don’t have access to a griddle (I find they are easier to work with on a griddle). Beat egg/egg whites. Stir in Greek yogurt. Add flour and baking soda and stir until well mixed. The batter will be thick. Spread batter onto pan/griddle. This makes approximately 4 medium sized pancakes. Flip when batter bubbles and is nearly cooked through. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, then put on a plate and top w/ whatever you like! In the picture above, I topped mine with peanut butter, dark chocolate chips, and fresh raspberries.
- A banana.
- An apple pie Greek yogurt.
- Roasted spaghetti squash w/ baked chicken, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- A butternut squash quesadilla w/ black beans, spinach, goat cheese, rajas, pineapples, avocado & plantains and rice (Salsa’s, Asheville NC).
- 1/2 slice chocolate peanut butter cake (Old Europe, Asheville NC).
- A cup of tea w/ raw honey.
- 10 glasses water (80 ounces).
- 1 hour hot cycle.
- 7,328 steps.
28 years old. Nutrition and fitness enthusiast. Addicted to kickboxing, Turbo Kick, spinning, HIIT…
If you want to get past all the non-fitness/nutrition-related stuff on my Tumblr, go follow my Facebook page! I post recipes, my daily food diary, fitness tips, and more!